Optomap Retinal Exam
The Optomap® Retinal Exam is available in our practice for our patients. It is unique in that it gives our doctors a much larger view (200 degrees) of the back of the eye - your retina - than conventional eye exam equipment. The images can be taken without dilating your pupils - a very common procedure which is uncomfortable and inconvenient for many people.
Each Optomap image is as individual as fingerprints or DNA and can provide eye care professionals with a view of your health very quickly and comfortably. The Optomap image is captured in less than one second and is immediately available for you and your doctor to review. Using the Internet, the image can be sent anywhere in the world for a specialist to review, if necessary.
The Optomap Retinal Exam offers many advantages including:
- Provides an ultra-widefield view of the retina
- Comfortable and quick image capture
- Helps you understand your eye health
- Provides permanent records for future comparison
- The Optomap technology does not require pupil dilation, however the decision to dilate or not is a medical decision to be made by your health care professional
- Patient can resume normal activities immediately
The Optomap technology does not require pupil dilation, however the decision to dilate your eyes is a medical decision to be made by your doctor.